Moesif is an API Analytics service that helps customer-driven teams make their API successful.
Segment is a managed data pipeline that can move data in/out of product and marketing analytics tools.
The Moesif Segment integration can act as either a Segment source or a Segment destination.
Send user traits and events to Moesif to explore the full customer journey across both your web and API products from first ad click to first API call.
Use the Moesif Segment Destination if you want to
- Track funnel metrics like Time to First Hello World (TTFHW) and conversion rate.
- Segment users and accounts by API usage, acquisition channel, demographics, and more.
- Identify which customers are likely to churn or have integration issues.
Send API usage data to your favorite product analytics, marketing automation tools, and more to create hyper-personalized experiences.
Use the Moesif Segment Source if you want to:
- Track API adoption and usage in tools like Amplitude and Hubspot
- Trigger personalized emails when customers made their first API call or over their plan limits.
- See account usage in your CRM to prioritize outreach for expansion and retention goals
Setting up Moesif’s Segment Destination
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page click on “Add Destination”.
- Search for “Moesif” within the Destinations Catalog and confirm the Source you’d like to connect to.
- Enter the Moesif “API Key” into the destinations settings in the Segment App. You can find these by going to your Moesif account account and navigating to the extensions settings.
- Once integrated, Segment data shows up in Moesif in a few seconds.
Setting up Moesif’s Segment Source
- From your Segment UI’s Sources page click on “Add Source”.
- Select Moesif API Analytics within the Source Catalog and confirm adding the source.
- Give the Source a nickname and follow the setup flow to “Add Source”.
- Copy the Write Key from the added source. You’ll need this later in Moesif.
- Log into your Moesif account, go to the Settings menu and click Extensions.
- Select the Segment Extension within the extensions gallery and add your write key under Add Partner Key.