The Moesif Hubspot connector syncs customer API usage metrics in Moesif to your HubSpot records. This enables you to trigger HubSpot marketing emails and workflows that are hyper-personalized such as when a customer makes their first API call or exceeds their plan limits.
Examples of some workflows you can create using this extension:
- Email new users emails when they successfully integrated (or nudge them if they haven’t sent any API calls)
- Warn customers when they are close to or have exceeded their plan’s quota
- Notify all customers who were using a down or broken API
How it works
Any field that is part of a user profile in Moesif can be synced to a HubSpot contact property. This sync occurs regularly and may take up to 30 minutes for an update to be reflected in HubSpot.
Mapping Moesif to HubSpot
- A user in Moesif corresponds to a contact in Hubspot.
- A company in Moesif corresponds to a company in Hubspot (Syncing companies is not supported yet.)
Besides user fields, this extension can also sync behavioral cohorts which is a dynamic list of users that match specific behavior in Moesif. An example would be Users who are exceeding their rate limits or Users with multiple 400 errors in last 24 hrs.
HubSpot’s API requires an email to update the correct contacts. Moesif users without an
Step 1. Authorize Moesif with HubSpot
Log into your Moesif account and select Extensions from the top right menu. Within the extensions gallery, find the HubSpot extension (which is under the Sales & Marketing category) and click the orange Install button.
In the popup, click the orange Connect To HubSpot button to authenticate Moesif with your HubSpot account.
Step 2. Map your HubSpot properties
Once your account is connected, click the Load Fields. This will populate all the properties found in your HubSpot account. Add each field you would like to sync to HubSpot. The field must be of the same type. (i.e. a string in Moesif must be a textfield in HubSpot). Any fields not added will not be synced.
Because HubSpot does not support dates with a time component, we recommend syncing Moesif dae fields to text fields in HubSpot.
If you haven’t created your HubSpot properties yet, create them within your HubSpot account. Once done, you can refresh the properties by clicking Load Fields again.
- We recommend creating a HubSpot Property Group such as “Moesif” or “API Analytics” which can help better organize them.
- Null values are skipped. This means if a field is “cleared” in Moesif, it will not clear the corresponding field in HubSpot.
- It’s better to created dedicated fields set by each tool like Moesif vs fields that can be set by many sources.
For questions, reach out to your dedicated account manager or email support.