Last Updated: April 7, 2019
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected through the Website, through your use of the Product, through our marketing activities and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the below policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or register to use the Product through our Website.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide to Us:
- - You provide to us your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Website such as when you request a demo or to contact sales. This personal information may include: first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and the content of your request.
- - You may also share personal information with us through our Website when you sign up to register for an event, to receive our newsletter, subscribe to our blog, register for an online webinar, download a whitepaper or complete a survey.
- - In order to access and use the Product, you are required to register for an account with us. When you register for an account, you may provide personal information to us, including first and last name, email address, company name, telephone number, physical address, username and password.
- - You may also provide Moesif with your personal information at a marketing event.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- - The data automatically collected from cookies and web beacons may include information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language) and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and logs, page views, length of visit and website navigation paths as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address and how you interact with our Product. We collect this data in order to help us improve our Website, the Product and the user experience with our Website and Product. You can learn more about cookies and how we use them here.
- - Moesif currently does not support Do Not Track signals set by your browser because there is not an industry or legal standard for these signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
- - The information we collect automatically may also include statistical and performance information arising from our Customers’ use of our Product and Visitors to our Website. This type of data will only be used by us in an aggregated and anonymized manner.
Information From Third Party Sources:
- - Moesif may obtain personal information about you from third parties, including, but not limited to, marketing event organizers, partners and resellers. This information may include your first and last name, company name, job title, work email address, phone number and address. Moesif requires that any third party providing it with information has obtained the information lawfully and the third party has obtained the appropriate consent to share the information with Moesif.
2.2 THE WAY MOESIF USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information, in order to respond to a request from you, to carry out our legal obligations, to fulfill a contract with you, to protect your vital interests, to provide you with notices and for other purposes with your consent as described below.
- - We use the personal information you provide to us when you fill in forms on our Website to respond to your request and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
- - We may use your personal information to provide the Product to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Website, the Product or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal information is in the performance of our contract to provide the Product or other services to you.
- - We also use the personal information you provide to us for the purpose of operating our Website, ensuring the security and integrity of our Website and Product and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our Website and Product.
- - For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our Website and Product, we use this information for analyzing the use of the Website and Product in order to improve the quality and design of our Website and the user experience with our Website and Product. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a better user experience.
- - We may use the personal information you provide to us at marketing events, when you register for an online webinar or download a whitepaper for the purpose of offering, marketing and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal information is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
3. WHEN MOESIF DISCLOSES INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us as described below. Moesif does not share or sell your personal information with any third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- - We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- - We may share your personal data and information if we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to a court order, subpoena or a government request (such as a search warrant). If a government requests or other legal process requires Moesif to disclose your personal data, then Moesif will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prior notification of the disclosure unless Moesif is prohibited by law from doing so.
- - Moesif also reserves the right to disclose your personal data that Moesif believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) enforce our agreements and policies, including for billing and collection purposes, (ii) protect the security or integrity of the Website or Moesif’s products and services; or (iii) protect or defend Moesif’s legal rights.
- - In the event that Moesif is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign your personal data we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- - Moesif may disclose non-personally identifiable information about Visitors to the Website or our Customers’ use of the Product that does not identify any individual in the aggregate in published studies without restriction. Moesif will not compromise the confidentiality of your personal data in publishing these studies or publish any identifying information.
- - Moesif may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
4. CUSTOMER END USER DATA
While Moesif recognizes that an individual has the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, Moesif does not have a relationship with the Customer End Users but rather only with our Customers. If you are a Customer End User and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, then you need to contact the Customer directly and Moesif will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our Customer.
Moesif only retains the Customer End User Data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as necessary to provide the Product to our Customers or as required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreement.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
The data servers Moesif uses to provide the Website and Product are located in the United States. By interacting with the Website or using the Product, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
For the actions of third party agents Moesif engages to process data on our behalf, Moesif remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if a third party agent processes the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless Moesif proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
6. OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Moesif uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is also encrypted and stored on our secured servers behind firewalls.
However, you are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other information used by you to access the Website or use the Product. While Moesif does its best to protect your personal data, Moesif cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website because the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information is done at your own risk and Moesif cannot guarantee that such personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Moesif learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Moesif may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
7. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us and we understand that you have the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict our use of your personal information. We also understand that you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information from us and to withdraw your consent of the processing of your personal information by us. Please note we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- - You may choose not to provide personal information through our Website or when you register for the Product, in which case Moesif may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- - You can access, review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- - If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your personal data or at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email or adjust your user preferences in your account profile as noted above. The opt out specified above does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- - You may also request a copy of your personal information that you have provided to us directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a commonly used electronic form.
8. OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
8.1 Our Retention Practices
8.2 Children’s Privacy
Moesif does not knowingly collect personal information directly from Visitors of the Website that are under the age of 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website or register on the Website to use the Product. If we learn that a child under 16 has directly provided us with their personal information through the Website, then we will delete that information. If you believe a child under 16 has registered for an account on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
8.3 Automated Decision-Making
Moesif does not use any personal information provided by you for the purpose of automated decision-making.
8.4 Other Websites; Links
As part of our commitment to the Privacy Shield Principles, if you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and you have a privacy or data use concern, please contact Moesif directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and Moesif will use its best efforts to address your concern within 45 days of receipt of your complaint. For an unresolved privacy or data use concern that Moesif has not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim.
For any Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over Amplitude’s compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework.
11. CONTACT US
77 Van Ness Ave STE 101
San Francisco, CA 94102
Your right to file a complaint with a data supervisory authority about our privacy practices remains unaffected.
What are cookies and web beacons?
- - Cookies are small text files that websites often store on computer hard drives or mobile devices of visitors to their websites. A cookie contains a unique number, which is used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you return to our Website. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. The cookies can be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies are stored by a web browser and remain valid until a set expiration date. Session cookies only exist while your internet browser is open and are automatically deleted once you close your browser.
- - Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files contained on pages of websites that permit companies to count users who have visited certain webpages on a website and are used for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
What types of cookies and web beacons are used by Moesif?
Moesif uses both first-party and third-party cookies and web beacons. First-party cookies and web beacons are cookies and web beacons that are served directly by Moesif to your computer or mobile device. Third-party cookies and web beacons are served by a third-party service provider on behalf of Moesif. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for advertising and analytics purposes.
There are four categories of cookies and web beacons used by Moesif. Specifically, Moesif uses essential, performance, functionality and advertising cookies and web beacons.
- - Essential cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are necessary for the operation of the Website and Product. These tracking technologies enable you to move around on the Website and use the Website’s features. You may not opt-out of these types of cookies because they are required to operate the Website and Product.
- - Performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies collect information about how you have used the Website and Product. We use performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies to improve the user experience with our Website and Product.
- - Functionality cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies allow us to remember how you are logged into our Website, when you logged in or out and the actions you have taken while you have been logged into the Website.
- - Advertising cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are used by our third-party service providers to deliver advertising to you on other third-party websites as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We also use these types of cookies to analyze Website visits and ad conversions from third-party websites.
The table below lists the types of cookies and third party service providers currently used by Moesif but may not include all cookies or third party service providers. In addition, the below list of cookies and third party service providers is subject to change at any time.
|Cookie Type||Who serves it||What it does||More information|
|Functionality||Moesif||Moesif remembers whether your logged in and the actions taken while logged in.|
|Performance||Amplitude||We use Amplitude to analyze the use of our website.||For more information about Amplitude’s privacy practices, see https://amplitude.com/privacy.|
|Azure Application Insights||We use Microsoft Azure Application Insights to analyze web page performance.||For more information about Azure’s privacy practices, please see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=392408.|
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website.||For more information about Google’s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy.|
|Hotjar||We use Hotjar to analyze the use of our website.||For more information about Hot Jar’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy.|
|HubSpot||We use HubSpot for tracking conversions of new users.||For more information about Hub Spot’s privacy practices, please see: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.|
|Advertising||Drift||We use Drift for marketing automation services.||For more information about Drift’s privacy practices, see https://www.drift.com/privacy-policy/.|
|We use Facebook to track conversions and website visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook.||For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.|
|We use LinkedIn to track conversions and website visits from our advertisements displayed on LinkedIn.||For more information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.|
|Refersion||We use Refersion to track conversions and website visits from our reseller program||For more information about Hot Jar’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.refersion.com/privacy.|
|We use Twitter to track conversions and website visits from our advertisements displayed on Twitter.||For more information about Twitter’s privacy practices, please see: https://twitter.com/en/privacy.|
What are your choices about cookies?
It is your choice as to whether or not to accept cookies. Most browsers allow you to configure the browser settings so that cookies from websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. If you choose not to accept cookies, then you may be able to continue browsing our Website but we may not be able to provide you with certain features. If you want to opt out of advertising or performance cookies, then you may do so by reviewing the privacy policies of the third party service providers who serve the advertising and performance cookies identified above. In addition, you may learn more about opting out of advertising cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative page. If you would like further information about cookies and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.