If you provide a public API, developer relationship (or developer advocates in a very similar role) will be important. Below are some of the best articles on this. Often, the developer relations is an euphemism for marketing, since most developers hate marketers. :) Even if we hate marketing, the developer relationship managers or developer advocates still play an important role in overall Developer Experience.
- What is Developer Relations and What are Common Roles?
- Introduction to Developer Relations
- Best practices for Developer Relations Programs to measure success of an API platform
- How to Market Your SaaS Platform to Developers During a Recession
- ten Developer Relations Interview Question
- How Eo Embed an API Debug Dashboard in your Developer Portal d
- The core competencies of developer relations, written by a developer advocate at Google.
- Quora: What’s it like to work at Developer Relations team at Google?
- Blog of DevRelate - a website for developer relations professionals.
- Buffer - Social media manager.
- Hootsuite - Another social media manager.