This changelog reflects the history of the Moesif platform.
October 19, 2018
- Released 1.1.6 of moesifwsgi which includes updateUser() function and support for automatically capturing outgoing API calls to 3rd parties like Stripe or your own dependencies.
September 24, 2018
- Released 1.0.2 of moesif-eth-cli which fixes a bug uploading ABI for events
September 20, 2018
- Ethereum smart contract ABI can be uploaded directly to Moesif which enables transactions against smart contracts to be fully decoded into their original values. This helps debugging Ethereum DApps tremendously as you no longer are looking at raw hex values.
Initial version of moesif-eth-cli was released which enables uploading of your compiled smart contracts as part of your build flow.
September 18, 2018
- Released version 2.6.1 of
moesif-expresswhich adds support for automatically capturing outgoing API calls to 3rd parties like Stripe or your own dependencies.
September 11, 2018
- Released version 2.5.1 of
moesif-expresswhich includes a fix for apiVersion not being added to API calls.
September 5, 2018
- Free plan limits changed. Organizations created and subscribed to the free plan before September 5, 2018 have been grandfathered into legacy plan. Your plan name will contain the text Legacy.
August 30, 2018
- v2 of metric anomaly detection / alerting that is more accurate (avoiding false alerts) while correlating multiple alerts together. This enables multiple detected anomalies to be sent in same email / Slack alert if they are related.
- Fixed an issue where Metric Summary section showed duplicate API routes.
August 28, 2018
- A simpler Cloud Proxy encoding and on-boarding flow that doesn’t require the
&moesif_application_id=XXXURL param. Now, the Moesif Application Id is part of the first URL path segment. This increases compatibility with certain CRM and marketing automation tools.
- Released a new resellers program
August 12, 2018
- Released version 1.3.0 of moesif-browser-js which includes support for capturing API calls to the Ethereum network when using Metamask, Mist, and others.
August 10, 2018
- Published FAQ Section in Moesif docs.
- Tweaked Smart Diff algorithms to give better results.
- Increased number of rows exportable
- Fixed bug where Smart Diff would not use applied filters.
- Fixed bug where Smart Diff demo data had error message.
- Fixed bug where you couldn’t select certain fields for User segmentation like user agent and city.
August 4, 2018
- We improved how we calculate intervals for time series analysis under API Analytics or User Analytics to avoid “partial intervals” and ensure consistency. We added docs on how intervals are calculated and generally expanded the time series documentation.
- Certain partner accounts such as those through GitHub and AWS would not see the current quota already used under subscriptions.
July 30, 2018
- A new feature called Smart Diff was released that uses artificial intelligence
and data mining to help you find root causes. Running a Smart Diff job will
tell you what combination of attributes are the largest contributors that cause a user-defined “target” or “goal” such as
response.status == 400. Read the Smart Diff Documentation
July 24, 2018
- API Calls and Event Charts can now be shared publicly with partners and customers via Shareable Workspace Links.
- Moesif Kong Plugin was updated to fix an issue where events may not be captured depending on configuration. It has also been moved to the moesif namespace on LuaRocks
July 23, 2018
- Released version 1.1.8 of the Moesif Azure Web Apps Extension. This fixes issue where Request Body may not be captured and adds better support for getting true client’s IP Address.
- Released version 2.5.0 of moesif-express
- Released version 1.1.0 of moesif-aws-lambda-nodejs
- Released version 1.1.0 of moesif-alexa-skills-nodejs
July 21, 2018
Issue where Content-Type was
application/x-www-form-urlencoded, but the actual body was a JSON string which cased a rendering issue in API Event Box.
July 11, 2018
User search would return “We’re sorry, an issue occurred when fetching your results” for certain accounts.
June 28, 2018
- Collector sends moesif.com instead of moesif.net in response to requests with no TLS SNI header. Fixes errors in certain client configurations with Cloud Proxy.
June 27, 2018
- Apps can now be deleted or renamed in the Org and Team settings
- Raw request and response body text is now displayed using monospace font and no scroll bar needed.
June 22, 2018
- Alert channels can now be throttled if you’re receiving too many alerts in a short period.
- Daily rollup emails
- Improvements to speed of processing events for some organizations.
- Updated Moesif Cloud Proxy encoding to v3. This solves issues where URLs did not
pass certain URL validators due to
_being present. A v3 URL subdomain will end in -3.
June 13, 2018
- Masking fields via X-Moesif-Request-Masks and X-Moesif-Response-Masks now supports XML content and XML is pretty printed when displayed in event stream
- User Time series under User Analytics
- Python WSGI Latency calculation
- Added new metrics which can be used for alerting:
- modifiedTime in User profiles
June 6, 2018
- Time series charts now supports segmentation/group by. For example, you can plot error rate over time per API route on same chart.
- Event diff to see how API calls are different.
- Links to each API event that can be shared with teammates (Requires sign in)
- Moesif event stream will now auto-fetch API events and show count of new events since last refresh.
May 27, 2018
- Relevant Alerts that you can give a thumbs up or down. Moesif will learn your behavior to minimize the amount of uninteresting alerts sent.
May 15, 2018
- Time series charts now supports preset intervals month, week, day, hour, minute, second.
May 8, 2018
- Anomaly detection sensitivity can be customized for each alert rule.
May 4, 2018
- Added support for Ethereum Web3 and GraphQL.
- New anomaly metric summary and charts
- Embedded charts in alerts